The Recording rooms provide a professional look to video recordings by ‘immersing’ the presenter into the recording, making it more visually appealing to the audience.
These rooms are available to all staff on a self-service basis. All rooms have the ability to do video and audio recording. The studio at Sturt also has green screen technology, which replaces the green wall behind you with a backdrop of your choice (PowerPoint presentation, images, video, websites (live) or even Skype or WebEx calls).
No specialist skills are required to use these rooms, making high-quality professional-looking video accessible to everyone.
Benefits of using the rooms
There are many benefits to providing online videos to students in their FLO sites. These include:
- content or instructions are provided to students for review prior to face-to-face sessions, allowing for more interactive and collaborative tutorial or lecture time
- recordings can be paused and reviewed as many times as needed, suiting different learning preferences and language competencies
- provides flexibility to students in accessing learning and attendance requirements
- provides rich visual media to explain concepts to students
- are reusable for future delivery of other subjects and to other audiences.
Using the rooms for the first time
If you are unfamiliar with the room, a member of your local eLearning team can run a session in the room with you. This session should take no more than 30 minutes. Please submit a Service One request (Education > Recording room familiaristion session) to arrange this and a member of the eLearning team will book this for you at a mutually convenient time.
Tips and tricks are also available on the Staff support pages.
Booking the rooms
You are able to manage your own bookings for these rooms using the following process:
- Using your Outlook calendar, find a day and time that you’re available and create a new meeting request.
- In the To field, enter the room name below to invite the room to your meeting. Add any other meeting attendees.
- Room – U_LIB109a_Recording Pod a (1)
- Room – U_LIB109b_Recording Pod b (1)
- Room – U_LIB109c_Recording Pod c (2)
- Room – U_LIB109d_Recording Pod d (2)
- Room – U_SSS_374_Recording Studio (4)
- Room – U_STS_418_Recording_Studio (4)
- Room - PHYS - 1302 Recording Studio
- Room - TON_T1_4.18_Recording Studio
- Room - U_STN_N331_Quiet room D_(2)
- Room - U_FMC_5E206_Meeting Room_(3)
- Click on scheduling assistant tab to check the availability of the room and other attendees. If the room is already booked at the time you’ve chosen, you will need to adjust the date/time.
- Complete any other details associated with your meeting and click send.
- If the room is available at your chosen time your booking will automatically be accepted. If the room is already booked, your request will automatically be rejected, and you’ll need to send a new one.
If you have made a booking and can no longer make it – please cancel your booking so other staff have the option to use the room at that time.