Vice-Chancellor’s Innovation in Teaching Awards
The awards recognise recent responsive and sustainable educational initiatives that address one of six key strategic objectives of the university and exemplify a culture of innovation and excellence:
- Deliver a richly interactive and personalised approach to learning with a paramount focus on student success.
- Be an international leader in educational innovation, advanced learning technologies and learning analytics.
- Develop enterprising graduates equipped with the skills required for success in the knowledge economy.
- Engage students as partners in the co-creation of a learning experience that inspires achievement.
- Embed research and critical thinking as core skills for every Flinders graduate.
- Deliver and commit to broadening the reach of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural content so that students encounter and engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural content so that students encounter and engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural content as an integral part of their course of study.
The key component of a nomination is a 3-5 minute video addressing the chosen strategic objective, pertaining to the following key areas:
- Innovation in curriculum design which includes structures, underpinning educational/ pedagogical theory, assessment, and approach to content.
- Innovation in teaching practice and delivery including in relation to online, partial on campus and/or on campus. At least one award will be made to teaching innovations that involve online or partial on campus delivery.
Each winner (either individual or team) is presented with a certificate and receives a prize of $2000.
Deadline: 15 September 2023